(no subject)
Aug. 27th, 2026 01:25 pmWhat do you mean its been 11 days since I last posted? What is time??
Medieval faire was good, well-attended and there seemed to be enough entertainment. Rearrangement of things from last year, an attempt at line control, and more vendors, but some shenanigans from the organizer about what my friend was allowed to sell and how much space she was allowed to sell it in. When we checked the sales report for the weekend on Sunday afternoon, she had made as much as she had on Saturday alone of last year. Still a good weekend, but we could have done so much more. There were times when we just couldn't get anyone else in the tent, never mind fitting anything they could wear and buy on them.
I did dress up, wearing one of her stays under my dress/jacket, and petticoats from years past. Even a bum pad on dress-day. It was really warm, high 20s and low 30s (IDK, 80 something in freedom units), and I was sweating, but everyone was hot so I don't think I was any more or less hot than most. I wrapped my hair in a B&T hankie because my head looked tiny without something on it, but it was a blessing the next day. I'd taken a shower and washed my hair on the first night, and wrapping my hair protected it from being blasted with dust all day. My face was gritty and I had a big dirt mark just above my boots on both legs, but my hair was still clean (if damp). Got photos of the dress at the end of the first day but only one terrible narrow mirror selfie on the second.
Another faire this weekend, hosted by a different group and super close to home. Google says its 24 minutes away. So I'll go again lol. I like being paid to go. Not sure about costumes again, I need to wash everything before I wear it again. (although, for the most part, I aired them out before putting them into luggage. Body linens need washing before next wear, but the dresses etc ought to be ok.)
Inspection went well, even though I didn't clean as much as I (or my landlord) would have liked. My notes were about the water damage (that they were supposed to fix last year) and more diligent cleaning practices. Yeah, ok, I'll take that note. I spent literally 20 minutes vacuuming the space back to front and tossed the filter when I was done. It was still the original one I got it with (mumble) years ago, it was WELL past its useful date. I keep thinking I should vacuum again just to keep it down, but not until I replace the filter!
Thinking about sewing is the same as sewing riiiiight? I have so few (i think) work-appropriate tops, it is time for MORE MORE MORE! I object to paying $30-60 for the boring things that are in stores atm, so I better get to sewing.
Medieval faire was good, well-attended and there seemed to be enough entertainment. Rearrangement of things from last year, an attempt at line control, and more vendors, but some shenanigans from the organizer about what my friend was allowed to sell and how much space she was allowed to sell it in. When we checked the sales report for the weekend on Sunday afternoon, she had made as much as she had on Saturday alone of last year. Still a good weekend, but we could have done so much more. There were times when we just couldn't get anyone else in the tent, never mind fitting anything they could wear and buy on them.
I did dress up, wearing one of her stays under my dress/jacket, and petticoats from years past. Even a bum pad on dress-day. It was really warm, high 20s and low 30s (IDK, 80 something in freedom units), and I was sweating, but everyone was hot so I don't think I was any more or less hot than most. I wrapped my hair in a B&T hankie because my head looked tiny without something on it, but it was a blessing the next day. I'd taken a shower and washed my hair on the first night, and wrapping my hair protected it from being blasted with dust all day. My face was gritty and I had a big dirt mark just above my boots on both legs, but my hair was still clean (if damp). Got photos of the dress at the end of the first day but only one terrible narrow mirror selfie on the second.
Another faire this weekend, hosted by a different group and super close to home. Google says its 24 minutes away. So I'll go again lol. I like being paid to go. Not sure about costumes again, I need to wash everything before I wear it again. (although, for the most part, I aired them out before putting them into luggage. Body linens need washing before next wear, but the dresses etc ought to be ok.)
Inspection went well, even though I didn't clean as much as I (or my landlord) would have liked. My notes were about the water damage (that they were supposed to fix last year) and more diligent cleaning practices. Yeah, ok, I'll take that note. I spent literally 20 minutes vacuuming the space back to front and tossed the filter when I was done. It was still the original one I got it with (mumble) years ago, it was WELL past its useful date. I keep thinking I should vacuum again just to keep it down, but not until I replace the filter!
Thinking about sewing is the same as sewing riiiiight? I have so few (i think) work-appropriate tops, it is time for MORE MORE MORE! I object to paying $30-60 for the boring things that are in stores atm, so I better get to sewing.
no subject
Date: 2026-08-27 09:25 pm (UTC)Looking forward to your adventures in work tops partially because I'm curious as to what people wear to work.
no subject
Date: 2026-09-03 04:30 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-08-28 03:26 pm (UTC)no subject
Date: 2026-09-03 04:31 pm (UTC)