(no subject)
Sep. 8th, 2026 10:39 amFriday night hangout with Trick: made another week layout in my journal.
Saturday: mostly rotting and playing phone games. Made an effort to feed myself food all day. Washed some dishes.
Sunday: Gave up on trying to be productive and entered Waiting Mode for like, three hours. Went to McDonald's for lunch, picked up some groceries, enjoyed my hour at the thrift store and meeting the pretty girl whose birthday we were celebrating. Rotted at home.
Monday: NOT TODAY, ROTTING, said I. I had a Rita blouse cut out so I sewed it, start to finish. Ate two meals, but the third was not it. Rotted through the evening, then read a book (it was 189 pgs, double spaced, interspersed with artwork, and double-sided "chapter" pages. Took less than an hour.)
Spent too much of the weekend rotting, imo. I tried on a dress I made and hemmed the sleeves, but the skirt needs a lot of work. I need to get the dress form out as its hard to do it on myself. The skirt is VERY FULL so I laid it on the floor to attempt connecting some of the lines I'd made, but Calcifer of course thought this was the BEST THING EVER and played on and with the fabric, even biting it and shaking her head a little. Ok little girl, that's enough lol.
Dance teacher cancelled our appearance at the event this weekend as she is injured and wanted to rest up more before class starts in 2 weeks. A-OK with me, actually lol. Still have the other plans in place.
For whatever reason, I decided to look at laptops on Saturday (someone mentioned Labour Day/Back to School sale? I forget) and immediately had one jump out at me. It was one step up from a basic model, nothing fancy, and on sale for $400. I have been complaining about my old off-leave corporate laptop which was already a few years old when I got it at the end of 2017 forEVER. It's so slow and it takes so long to do anything. When I looked last month, I expected to be paying around $600-700 for a slightly nicer unfancy model. So $250 off to bring it down to $400? I can do that. Still awaiting shipping confirmation. I thought about printing some patterns on Monday, but have decided to wait until the new one arrives. Or until I can stomach the idea of waiting forever for it to load. I will need to move a few things off of it anyway, so that's going to be A Project (tm)
I also put a couple rows into a knitting project while Calcifer napped on me! It wasn't terribly comfortable bc I was trying to keep it off of her in hopes that she wouldn't wake up. There is hope! I have no plans for what I'm looking for at the festival this weekend since I have so much stash and very limited time to focus on it. Maybe some day soon. Autumn is coming and I am thrilled. Bring on the cozy knitwear!
Back in 2013 (end of May? I apparently didn't post about it at all) I opened a door over top of my foot and ripped my toenail quite badly. The doctor looked at it and said hmm, I might have to pull it, but we'll wait and see. It did not need to be pulled and it was MONTHS in growing out, but it was fine. It's been fine ever since. The corner that ripped can be trimmed back quite a bit further than necessary, so I've been careful ever since to not do that. I was looking at my feet on Saturday and noticed that that edge has gotten thick and wavy all of a sudden, and I have no idea why. It's a little sensitive to push on, but not bad at all. Maybe the shoes I bought last month and have been wearing off and on? But why now? It's so weird. I really hope it doesn't fall off :O
Saturday: mostly rotting and playing phone games. Made an effort to feed myself food all day. Washed some dishes.
Sunday: Gave up on trying to be productive and entered Waiting Mode for like, three hours. Went to McDonald's for lunch, picked up some groceries, enjoyed my hour at the thrift store and meeting the pretty girl whose birthday we were celebrating. Rotted at home.
Monday: NOT TODAY, ROTTING, said I. I had a Rita blouse cut out so I sewed it, start to finish. Ate two meals, but the third was not it. Rotted through the evening, then read a book (it was 189 pgs, double spaced, interspersed with artwork, and double-sided "chapter" pages. Took less than an hour.)
Spent too much of the weekend rotting, imo. I tried on a dress I made and hemmed the sleeves, but the skirt needs a lot of work. I need to get the dress form out as its hard to do it on myself. The skirt is VERY FULL so I laid it on the floor to attempt connecting some of the lines I'd made, but Calcifer of course thought this was the BEST THING EVER and played on and with the fabric, even biting it and shaking her head a little. Ok little girl, that's enough lol.
Dance teacher cancelled our appearance at the event this weekend as she is injured and wanted to rest up more before class starts in 2 weeks. A-OK with me, actually lol. Still have the other plans in place.
For whatever reason, I decided to look at laptops on Saturday (someone mentioned Labour Day/Back to School sale? I forget) and immediately had one jump out at me. It was one step up from a basic model, nothing fancy, and on sale for $400. I have been complaining about my old off-leave corporate laptop which was already a few years old when I got it at the end of 2017 forEVER. It's so slow and it takes so long to do anything. When I looked last month, I expected to be paying around $600-700 for a slightly nicer unfancy model. So $250 off to bring it down to $400? I can do that. Still awaiting shipping confirmation. I thought about printing some patterns on Monday, but have decided to wait until the new one arrives. Or until I can stomach the idea of waiting forever for it to load. I will need to move a few things off of it anyway, so that's going to be A Project (tm)
I also put a couple rows into a knitting project while Calcifer napped on me! It wasn't terribly comfortable bc I was trying to keep it off of her in hopes that she wouldn't wake up. There is hope! I have no plans for what I'm looking for at the festival this weekend since I have so much stash and very limited time to focus on it. Maybe some day soon. Autumn is coming and I am thrilled. Bring on the cozy knitwear!
Back in 2013 (end of May? I apparently didn't post about it at all) I opened a door over top of my foot and ripped my toenail quite badly. The doctor looked at it and said hmm, I might have to pull it, but we'll wait and see. It did not need to be pulled and it was MONTHS in growing out, but it was fine. It's been fine ever since. The corner that ripped can be trimmed back quite a bit further than necessary, so I've been careful ever since to not do that. I was looking at my feet on Saturday and noticed that that edge has gotten thick and wavy all of a sudden, and I have no idea why. It's a little sensitive to push on, but not bad at all. Maybe the shoes I bought last month and have been wearing off and on? But why now? It's so weird. I really hope it doesn't fall off :O
no subject
Date: 2026-09-08 06:38 pm (UTC)