totchipanda: (Default)
[personal profile] totchipanda
Picked up my book on Friday, and my notebooks which had arrived and Canada Post made me pick them up. THEYRE SO BEAUTIFUL. I got Bewitched and Homespun (through a Canadian supplier). They each came in a sleeved box, wrapped in paper. Gorgeous. No idea what I will use them for yet as yet, but AUGH SO PRETTY.

Saturday I finally sewed my dress hem as it was the only thing left to do on it. I did consider just... Not, but come on self, it's A HEM. Then I could take the black thread off the machine and never think about it again! So I did it. Then I printed out, taped together, trimmed the pattern, and cut the fabric for the shirt. I even started sewing it that night, but I reached a point where I need to press things and I'd already unplugged the iron. Plus it was getting on to be 10pm, so I packed it in for the night.

Sunday morning I sewed and ironed until I needed to leave for the show. I stabbed myself REALLY good across the top of one finger, which amazingly did not bleed. I have to stitch on the collar facing, add cuffs, and put on buttons/buttonholes and it will be complete. We saw & Juliet, which was PHENOMENAL. It's a jukebox show, where they do covers of songs around the story, telling the story of what if Juliet DIDN'T kill herself at the end of R&J. It was so good. Easily one of my top 10 favourite shows. After, we went to the poutine place down the street and had a dill-icious special, dill ranch and dill pickles and dill, which was also phenomenal. Later in the evening I scooped the cat box.

Yesterday I got my prize so that's being considered seriously again. I was VERY lazy yesterday and took a nap and otherwise rotted on the couch with my youtube shows and a bit of true crime. Tonight I must cook the hamburger before dance class, and tomorrow I have committed to a friend's house for sewing time. I wanted to have something impressive to work on, by which I mean a large pattern with no cats around to "help" with any part of it lol. We'll see. I have the list of pieces needed for a coat, but I have put the last bit of paper into my printer and will need to buy a new pack instead of liberating an old one from the print shop. And in that case, do I just spring for the $$ to have it printed A0? Choices. Maybe I will just print my patterns and tape them together there. I don't know.

In other news, my coworker and I started talking quilts yesterday. She bought a cute halloween-themed cat panel yesterday, so I showed her the one I liked so much a couple years ago, and then she sent me a different one that is so pretty and y'all, I feel the quilting bug coming on. Perhaps that will be my winter project.

Date: 2026-09-29 11:48 pm (UTC)
danabren: DC17 (Default)
From: [personal profile] danabren
Ooooh shiny ....

Profile

totchipanda: (Default)
totchipanda

October 2026

S M T W T F S
    123
4 567 8910
1112 1314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 19th, 2026 01:30 am
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios